Customer Service - chat, tickets system - a key to the success in e-commerce
Friday, June 22, 2018
What is the perfect customer service? Each retailer is thinking about the answer. It’s not as simple as it looks.
We should think about the goals of customer service. It shouldn't be good at your eyes, but it should be assessed in the same way by your customers. Taking into consideration Invespcro researches we can define some certain facts.
You can be sure that your customers expect:
- Quick issue resolve - 82%,
- Issue resolution within single reaction - 56%.
Below you fill find a few ways of improving customer service in your store.
Furthermore, 55% of customers will pay more for the service or product, if they will get a better support service. It shows how the support service is important for them.
You won’t find anything more frustrating than complicated checkout, buying or returning proccess. As Baymard studies proves, almost 40% of abandoned checkout reasons are related with complicated purchase or checkout process. It can be related with terms of checkout or unintuitive website.
There are few tips which can help you simplify the online shopping experience:
- Easy, simple checkout,
- Clear navigation,
- Personalized experience,
- Clear payment process.
It's not a rocket science, but we still see stores with a multi-folded menu, unintuitive. Categories without assigned products. You will see also online store with 10 step checkout, requiring strange data. It's not ok, all these things show your store as not worth trusting. And as a result, it will be harder to establish a good relationship with the customer.
It’s very simple and it shoulnd’t be a tips. Some thing are obvious and that’s all. From a young age, each of us is taught that manners and politeness are a key essential for life. Unfortunately sometimes many store owners forget about this rules, it's not related only with purchasing process. You have contact with customer also in the process of returning or submitting complains.
If customer make a return request in your store or request a refund, it's not obvious that he won't purchase anything in the future.
It’s better to be a quite more polite than necessary, but it will results in a better relationship with customers.
Emails are emails, you get a hundreds per day. It’s impossible to handle this amount of messages efficiently without proper tools. Email support is still the most popular way to contact with helpdesk. Using Tickets system to manage email messages in your store gives you a huge advantage:
- Faster ticket resolution,
- Keeping the Customer in the Know,
- Multi-channel Customer Support.
Helpdesk is our main channel of support, so we know that it works. We are receving many e-mails per day, so it's perfect to assign them to different, defined departments.
Customers journey is changing, nowadays, if customer has a question, he will expect instant answer and help. He won’t call you or write an email, because it requires too much efforts from him. As the statistics show, 83% of customers, need assitance to complete an order. Live chat is a perfect way to provide instant support during checkout.
Average response time for support ticket is about 12 hours, compared to the chat, which according to statistics has 55 seconds of average response time, gives a huge difference. Over half of the respondents admitted that they will purchase again, due to implemented chat.
First of all, Messenger is the second the most popular mobile messaging app in the world. As statistics show, it’s over 1300 monthly users (in millions). Messenger is a great touchpoint between you and customer during the customer journey. Customer is browsing your store, but his friends told him to check Facebook, because they’ve sent something interesting. There is huge possibility that he won’t come back to your store, but…
.. your message is waiting for him in Messenger inbox, so when we finish conversation with friend, he will see your message and there is a huge chance that he will come back to your store.
On nop4you.com, first customer contact with us on Messenger in 2 minutes after implementation. It shows how live chats are important for customers.
For us, it was always importat to bring the most wanted plugins and integrations. Now, when the e-commerce industry is changing, the most important area of online store, nowadays, is customer service. How can you provide better support?
If you are using nopCommerce you are able to implement this tips in a few ways:
- Tickets System - https://www.nop4you.com/tickets-system-helpdesk-nopcommerce - Customer service is the most important part of each online store. You have to receive message from customers, answer them and solve their problem. It can be confusing and chaotic. As a solution coming our Contact form plugin. Perfect customer support / ticket system. Efficient tracking. Multiple Departments.
- Marketing Automation - https://www.nop4you.com/marketing-automation-plugin-email-banner-abandoned-cart-for-nopcommerce - Send emails which your customers want receive. Show them products which they want view. Help them with the buying process.
- Contact us on Messenger - Facebook Customer Chat - https://www.nop4you.com/contact-us-on-messenger-customer-chat-widget - Fully customizable Customer chat widget for nopCommerce. Contact us on Messenger, allow your customer to contact with you on Messenger without leaving your store. First Messenger integration with implemented popup, without redirection!